Recordkeeping of Online Data in Federal Government
Managing websites, social media, and other dynamic data to meet FOIA and NARA requirements
The issue is complicated further by a recordkeeping environment that is evolving quickly. Web modernization initiatives, migrations to cloud-based solutions, and the adoption of social media and other collaborative platforms within the public sector have resulted in a dynamic recordkeeping environment that demands a new approach.
This paper discusses the factors responsible for the recent evolution of public-sector recordkeeping and examines the characteristics of modern digital records that make them so challenging to deal with. It makes use of concrete examples like website content, social media accounts, instant messaging services, and team collaboration tools.
Download the paper to learn about:
- The implications of directive M-19-21
- How agencies are dealing with increased FOIA Requests
- The need for increased transparency in federal government
- The challenges of dealing with online date
- Best practices for improving transparency and reducing FOIA requests
Complete the form to get your copy now.
Subscribe to our Blog
Get targeted Industry news, great tips and valuable insights